MadDnD/25th Hour Events was created to promote the public play experience for Adventurers League in Madison Wisconsin and the surrounding community. We strive to not only offer continuing play opportunities for our community, but to offer an open and welcoming environment to teach players new to Dungeons and Dragons.
Code of Conduct
MadDnD/25th Hour Events is committed to providing an environment for games that enables everyone to safely participate and seek the greatest enjoyment. To promote a safe and inclusive environment for everyone, all attendees are expected to adhere to the following Code of Conduct. This governs all players, DMs, and other staff of the event.
Participants must conduct themselves in a manner that is conducive to the enjoyment and safety of all attendees of the event:
- Avoid excessively vulgar, sexual, or mature language and subjects or pictures/graphics depicting them.
- Let other attendees speak and avoid talking over or interrupting others.
- Avoid excessive cross-talk that is not relevant to the game being played.
- Allow other players to get the attention of the Gamemaster.
- Discourage others from using social media to bully, shame, or intimidate other attendees.
- Avoid outside conversations during game play. If you must take an outside call or message, please excuse yourself from the table until it is completed.
Aggressive behavior is grounds for immediate dismissal from the play area and the event as a whole. Aggressive behavior includes any of these:
- Threats of physical aggression
- Use of racial, gender-based, cultural, or other slurs against other attendees
- Derogatory commentary on a person’s looks, age, dress, linguistic tradition, religion, ethnicity, sexuality, gender, or gender identity (among others)
- Harassment of attendees or threats thereof
Sexual harassment of any kind will not be tolerated and is grounds for immediate dismissal. Sexual harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Vulgar or sexual language, comments, gestures, or jokes
- The display of sexually explicit objects or messages
- Unwelcome remarks of a sexual nature directed at another participant or character
- Persistent sexual or romantic advances without the other person’s willing participation
If you see something, say something:
- You may report issues to any DM or Admin level role on this server
- If none are available you may send a DM to ZombieJoe
Attendees who feel unsafe due to the words or actions of others should notify their Gamemaster or another staffer immediately.
- Attendees who notice disruptive or unsafe behavior may attempt to make the person exhibiting the behavior aware of their actions (if they feel safe doing so). Attendees who feel uncomfortable bringing the behavior to the attention of the person exhibiting the behavior should notify their Gamemaster or a staffer immediately.
- Gamemasters have the right to ask disruptive players to leave the table and speak with an event administrator.
- Event administrators have the right to remove disruptive, aggressive, or disrespectful attendees from all events run by MadDnD/25th Hour Events with no further recourse permitted.
- If a Gamemaster is not assisting you properly or is responsible for permitting violations of the Code of Conduct, please speak to an Admin immediately.
- No one is exempted from these rules and all allegations will be taken seriously.
In the event that an issue occurs and you do not feel comfortable reporting it at the event, you can go to this form to file a report with us anonymously.