With our Charity Epic still on the books for March 14th, we wanted to post something in regards to suggestions to keep everyone safe during our Open Play events at public venues. Everyone in this community is important to us, so we want to offer the safest environment we can during this viral outbreak. With that in mind, here are some suggestions we have come up with…
- If you are sick please stay home. Especially if you are showing symptoms of this current outbreak.
- Wash your hands frequently and for 20 seconds. Time yourself once at home, it seems longer than you think.
- Don’t touch your face unless you just washed your hands, especially around your eyes.
- We are suggesting theater of the mind to avoid many people touching minis and maps.
- If possible as the DM, print out copies of each player handout in multiples to give one to each player.
- If you have to cough, do it into your elbow, NOT your hand.
- Don’t share your dice and/or minis with people.
For our events, we cannot assure players we will have hand sanitizer available. With the current shortage, there is just none to be had. If anyone finds a stockpile and wants to work out getting it to us, contact me. Until we run out of antibacterial kitchen cleaner, we will work to disinfect the tables before each game. My supply of cleaner and paper towels is significant, but finite.
Any events, such as our Fai Chen’s Fantastical Faire, where multiple paper inventory (certs) are being placed out are on hold until the viral threat has passed. We will offer optional instances of these in the future to make up for the lack of them currently.
This situation is updating daily, and will be constantly evolving during the course of this situation. Keep eyes here and on the emails from our Meetup group for evolving plans in the future.